INCLUSIVE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS CANADA
The March of Dimes Canada, the Inclusive Preparedness Center and the Canadian Red Cross (Ontario Zone) are collaborating on the development and delivery of programs on emergency preparedness for people with disabilities and vulnerable populations in Canada.
The purpose of this collaboration is to support emergency preparedness for vulnerable individuals and their support network (informal and formal caregivers) and to develop a program for Canada.
The Key Objectives of Inclusive Emergency Preparedness Canada are:
- To develop and deliver emergency preparedness planning for vulnerable individuals and organizations that serve vulnerable people.
- To become a leader in emergency preparedness planning in our sector and share / mentor other organizations across Ontario and Canada.
- To Support Emergency and Disaster Response / Management agencies and NGOs in terms of how to work with and support vulnerable persons in the time of disaster.
- To increase awareness of the importance of emergency preparedness planning amongst vulnerable populations and their formal / informal caregivers.
- To provide information and training for individuals who are isolated or have limited access to resources.
The contact information for the members of the collaborative are:
March of Dimes Canada
10 Overlea Blvd.
Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
President & C.E.O.
416-425-3463 x 7320
Canadian Red Cross
5700 Cancross Court
Disaster Management & International Response
905-890-1203 x 266 email@example.com
Inclusive Preparedness Center
1010 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007
Carl T. Cameron
President & CEO
202-338-7158 x 201